Welcome to SunnyLanzarotedotcom
Now, lets get onto the important stuff, Food. I used to show all these places on a map, but to be honest, you can find additional details of all these locations with a google search...
Soooo many great places, but first I'll focus on those local to Puerto del Carmen (less than 5e taxi ride), but if you have a car, I have listed some awesome food experiences around the Island at the bottom of the page. This is a pretty comprehensive list, but we're always open to input! It is really hard to find bad food on the Island, but here are some of our favourites.
1) Antonio's. Literally 100m up the road from our apartment. Great local flavour, try the goat cheese salad appetizer, and the pork cheeks entree. Absolutely amazing. 615.350.258
2) Carmencita. On the Avenida, just a bit east of the casino, on the opposite side of the road - next to the California bar. Only open from 6pm to 10pm, reservations absolutely necessary, but an amazing tapas experience. 928.512.318.
3) Ancla 2. Opposite Carmencita and slightly east, this is a great place to go for an afternoon beer and lunch. It looks really grungy at the entrance, but persevere - it is so, so worth it. When you cross the road, you'll see an elevator (which doesn't work - it is Lanzarote after all :) in what appears to be an abandoned building. Go down two flights of stairs, and walk towards the ocean. Ancla 2 is right on the waterfront, it is an amazing place. Opens at 1pm Wednesday through Sunday. Try their Caprise Salad, or the King Prawn skewers, or both. Take your swimsuit and have a dip between courses. 928.513.639. The owner, Susan is delightful. The landlord is trying to evict her to tear the building down and build a five star hotel, but she is hanging on with two more years left on her lease. When you see the place, you'll understand why!!
4) Casa Parmagiano. Near the Farionnes Hotel, next to the sports complex, just underneath the lighthouse. A taxi will take you for a mere 3.50e. Best Italian I have ever had, and very reasonable price. The beef carpaccio starter is amazing as are any of the pasta dishes. Be careful ordering the daily specials without confirming the price first! 928.512.731.
5) El Polaco. On Calle de Juan Carlos - the road going to Lidl. A taxi will cost about 3e - tell the driver it is near the petrol station if he doesn't know it. Polish food, amazing. Great prices. When you make a reservation, make sure you are on the upper floor. The lower floor can be very noisy. 625.728.820
6) Sebastians Atlantico Lounge. Close to the casino. Very small entrance but when you go in, the restaurant goes down and down in a terrace to the ocean. Great Greek food, but if you just want to have amazing views and a glass of wine you can't go wrong. Expensive but worth it. If you are going for dinner, make a reservation as you will want to sit on the lower tier right next to the ocean. 928.510.363
7) Island Bistro. In the old town, near the harbour. The food is really good, and the price excellent. Try the smoked salmon appetizer, or the shrimp cocktail. Reservations are best - 608.673.226
8) Terazza Playa. An old favourite - next to Lani's restaurant, east of the casino. Walk down a few flights of stairs to the beach, where there is a small patio. Amazing sunsets, great food, but take a sweater in winter as it can get a little chilly when the sun has gone down. 928.515.417
9) Magnolia. In Centro Olivine in the old town. Unfortunately the square is very tacky and has been for a number of years. However, we are hoping the addition of Magnolia will move things upscale. Don't be put off by the square, the food is outstanding, inexpensive and a great variety. Family run place, Cely is the wife of the chef, and she is a lovely lady. Try the Chateaubriand for two. Your stomach will love you for the rest of your life. 639.547.941
10) Mardeleva. Great fresh fish, great views, nice people. Can't say more than that. Located on the way down to the old town, there is a patio built into the cliff. The views are amazing. 928.510.686
11) Enjoy. On the waterfront, near Route 66. Outstanding Asian cuisine, and a Teppanyaki experience if you want to have some fun. 646.906.897
12) Finally, if you have a hankering for Indian food, there are several great places. Shahi Tandoori 828.786.455 is above the old town, or at the other end of the strip is The Himalayan 928.962.230, or Zafran in the old town, halfway between Magnolia and the Biosphere shopping center 928.512.747.
Now, if you have a car:
1) Playa Quemeda (10 minute drive), Try El Pescador. As you head down the hill into Playa Quemeda, the road turns sharp right. Turn left and park outside the small entrance. Very misleading – the place is huge inside, and a waterfront table is just the ticket. 629.244.811
2) El Golfo (20 minute drive). Unfortunately our favourite restaurant (Gamba Loca) was a victim of Covid, but you can't loose at any of the waterfront tables of any restaurant. Just a terrific experience.
3) Arrieta (30 minute drive). A favourite restaurant, Amanecer. Try Cherne (Grouper) 'a la plancher', with olive oil and garlic. Drive up the main road to Arrieta, past the petrol station, and turn right at the roundabout. Go to the bottom of the road and turn left. Amanecer is about four doors down on the ocean side. 928.848.390
4) Costa Teguise (20 minutes). La Bohemia 928.591.772. A meat lovers paradise. Nothing more to be said.
5) Puerto Calero has a host of great dining right in the harbour, but we always recommend La Taberna. Greatest Paella ever. Make sure you scrape off the burned bits on the bottom of the pan – a Spanish delicacy. 628.147.253.
6) If you are really feeling adventurous, go to El Chupadero. It is an old Spanish finca that serves limited Tapas in a splendid setting. Right up in the wine country, the 360 degree views of the volcanoes makes you realize just how small we really are. Don't go on windy days as the mountains get really quite cold and the sand blows. Open Thursday to Sunday only. 928.177.365
7) On the way to Costa Teguise, just past Ikea, there is a real gem of a place called Casa Tomas. It is a very small local restaurant on the waterfront. Probably about 30 different types of outstanding tapas. If you are lucky enough to get an outside table, you are pretty much sitting on the beach. Try the Carne Fiesta – it's brilliant. Family owned and operated for absolutely ages. 928.591.046. Closed on Tuesday.